Based in Birmingham, Punch Records add another musical notch to their belt with the launch of a new radio station, launching in June as part of 2013’s BASS Festival.
Read on for more info …
Punch is recruiting a collective of keen young people aged between 14 and 18 to join us on air and gain hands-on experience with insight into the radio industry.With your help we can make BASS FM Birmingham’s leading FM radio station for Black and Urban music.
The Bass Fm Collective will create exceptional opportunities for young people to build skills in the radio industry and provide a platform to launch their career and future progression in the industry. The taster day for the Bass.FM Collective will be held at Birmingham Ormiston Academy on Saturday 27th April, 2013.
Join industry professionals including the BBC’s Janine Kempadoo and Choice FM’s Jade Avia at the Bootcamp taster day where you can pick up new skills and show off your own in areas of:
- PRODUCTION –Taking care of what goes on air, managing the DJ’s and generating & developing ideas.
- MUSIC SELECTION – the decision makers of what music gets played, the musical trend spotter and helps to break through new artists
- PRESENTING –The “Voice” that brings the ideas to life by taking contol of the show and deals with on air issues.
- RESEARCH –Researchers are the backbone to every show by generating ideas and compiling facts and figures and interesting aspects for the show.
- TECHNICAL –make the final sound appear on air and ensuring it sounds great. They also ensure that a simple message can capture the imagination and become interesting on radio.
You be learning from the best in the business on the day and trained at industry level. From the taster day Twenty young participants will be shortlisted to participate in the structured eight-week learning programme of hands-on training and work opportunities across May – June 2013.
You will not only gain invaluable experience of working on a real radio station in Birmingham but also arts award accreditation and transferable skills to equip you for your future careers.
For more information on BASS FM, Follow @BASSFMBHAM or to sign up for the taster day, contact Waqar Azam on:
0121 224 7440 / [email protected]