If you’re unfamliar with the Far Out Recordings label, you’re missing out on a world of Brazilian-influenced sounds. Their latest longplayer comes from Londoner multi-instrumentalist Sean Khan, who emerged from West London’s broken beat movement of the nineties as leader of soul/jazz crew SK Radicals.
Muriel (named for Sean’s primary musical influence, his mother Muriel McGinley) sees Sean pay tribute to legendary broken beat label Goya plus a host of jazz greats. Get a taste of his sound with this Groovement exclusive track premiere, featuring the beautiful vocals of Heidi Vogel (whom you may know from singing with the likes of The Cinematic Orchestra). The album also features Omar and Brazilian musical icon Sabrina Malheiros.
Muriel is out on 4th December 2015. Pre-order the CD and digital over on Bandcamp.
1) Things To Say (feat. Diana Martinez)
2) Samba Para Florence
3) Sister Soul (feat. Sabrina Malheiros)
5) Dance For Little Emily
6) What Has Jazz Become?
7) Don’t Let The Sun Go Down (feat. Omar)
8) Trane’s Shadow
9) Fire Within (for Louie Malle)
10) Samba Para Florence (Henry Wu Remix)
11) Don’t Let The Sun Go Down (4hero Remix)
12) Things To Say (Ben Hauke Remix)
Digital Bonus Tracks
1) Sister Soul (feat. Susan Alottey)
2) Kafka’s NYC
3) Things to Say (Nicola Conte Remix)
4) Don’t Let the Sun Go Down (feat. Omar) (4Hero Dub)